Gamoover

[move]Pour vous aussi la chipo ne sera jamais qu'un bootleg de merguez (c)sushy18 ? Alors soyez les bienvenus sur Gamoover ! [/move]

[WIP] - Restauration d'une borne Scud Race Deluxe

Démarré par n0n0, Mercredi 11 Janvier 2023, 10:37:35 AM

n0n0

So you mean it's not a good idea to run the cabinet opened but better to close it down ?

Concerning the green tubes : seems to be 24v and yes, there're flashing sometimes.
Will make some photos but Leds may be the solution.
Bornes : Primal Rage - Scud Race Deluxe - Borne DIY 25" - Borne DIY 32" verticale
Flipper : Fish Tales - Pincab 43" 4K en cours
Babyfoot : Bonzini B60
Billard anglais 7ft

sonic32

Hi,

In model 3, fans push air out of the play cage.
If it were the other way around, that the fans blow air on the game boards, then it would not be a problem to have an open cage.

I have Scud Race, but only a game that I play in the cabin of Sega Rally twin
I upgraded it a long time ago to the Scud race plus version, it was enough to upload 10 eproms. So you can upgrade your game in time
The game has one more track and you can play reversed tracks.
But if you go to transfer to PC, it's useless.
Via PC, you can play many games even with force feedback

Tibal

Citation de: Little_Rabbit le Lundi 16 Janvier 2023, 21:47:26 PMAs-tu encore le tube d'origine ? Il est généralement inscrit dessus le type : par exemple 827.

Il faut scinder ce nombre en 2 blocs : 8 et 27 => ...

Hé bien j'apprends quelque chose ! Merci Little_Rabbit d'avoir pris le temps d'expliquer ça !

@sonic32 I've stopped playing Scud Race Plus stack, even with more tracks, cars, etc, just because of this awful attract mode with a 5fps video and short loop music 😅

sonic32

You're right, the video on scud race plus is really terrible, and changing these 10eprom can (maybe) affect the tilting and movement of the Deluxe version machine or something else.
I have never seen a Scud race plus deluxe cabin. I think this version was sent only in Japan and only Twin cabin..

n0n0

Après une frayeur car la borne ne fonctionnait plus depuis 2 jours.
Avec l'aide de Tibal, on a localisé que c'était l'alim qui ne fonctionnait plus et n'envoyait plus rien en DC...
Du coup démontage et nettoyage de l'alim.

... et voici la première image du Scud Race Deluxe projetée à l'arrache sur le mur de mon atelier avec le Sony VLP SX125 en 24K.
Si c'est pas vintage ça ...  8)

Reste à résoudre un soucis de FFB car la carte sort ce message :

Bornes : Primal Rage - Scud Race Deluxe - Borne DIY 25" - Borne DIY 32" verticale
Billard anglais 7ft

Little_Rabbit

Salut,

Citation de: n0n0 le Jeudi 19 Janvier 2023, 17:10:30 PMSi c'est pas vintage ça ...  8)

J'adore ta photo !  ^-^  :D

Pour assortir le son à l'image, il faut alors que tu rediriges la sortie de la carte son vers ce genre d'appareil :

=:))

A+
Recherche bornes dédiées ou PCB originaux: Miss Pacman, Dig Dug, Galaga, Mappy, Asteroids, Battlezone, Missile Command, Tempest, Star Wars, Donkey Kong (+ Jr), Mario Bros, Moon Patrol, Defender, Joust, Frogger, Gyruss, Pooyan, Space Tactics, Zaxxon, etc. Flip : Gottlieb des années 80 (Spirit, Amazon Hunt, ...), Baby Pac Man. Divers :  Ice Cold Beer => Trois fois rien quoi ! :D
Ma séance sur le divan : c'est grave Docteur ? :-\
Ma gaming room, ma storage room

n0n0

.. il m'en faut 4 pour avoir tous les canaux alors
Tibal, c'est compatible avec ta carte M3 Mega Adapter ?  :D
Billard anglais 7ft

sonic32

It's great that it works, the game board is fine.
The SONY projector can be nicely adjusted to a ratio of 4:3 and the horizontal and vertical size can also be adjusted well. The projector saves the settings.

I found something about force feedback (err 20) on another forum, it has something to do with the engine. Only this engine is more or less (indestructible).

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=133170.0

It should be a servo motor that does not have direct contacts.
When starting the machine, a self-test should always be started. Turn the steering wheel to the right and left and stop. If the machine does not do this, the cable may be loose.
If the test does not take place within a certain time, write an error (err..)
I had a similar problem but with mine (Sega Rally Twin). I only had a damaged cable.

If I turn on the machine, the steering wheel does nothing. Try to manually turn the steering wheel to the right and after a few seconds turn the steering wheel to the left.
If it keeps writing the same error, then something else is wrong..
It would be worse if it was a bad primo board feadbaack

Edit>
I'm glad you changed the source (necessity). The source and the monitor are the most thermally stressed parts and 30 years of use is a miracle and a ticking time bomb.

I had a high voltage of 220v on the metal cage (Game).
I measured the metal parts of the machine (voltage tester) used in the home.
I had bad sources (capacitors). The electrolyte leaked and shorted the high voltage to a low voltage. The game worked fine, but where I measured GND, grounding, on game boards, sound boards, etc. everywhere there was high voltage (220V). But the game worked (a miracle). I fixed the power supply and OK

n0n0

Dans mon cas, le volant tourne bien à droite et à gauche mais n'est pas centré comme il devrait :

Sinon j'ai remarqué aussi que le ventilateur à côté du moteur du volant ne fonctionnait pas car pas de 110V qui arrive dessus.

J'ai aussi ça sous le siège, c'est un deuxième moteur qui fait bouger la cabine ?

Billard anglais 7ft

sonic32

Hi,
I don't have this cabin. I don't know how the second engine works
Try to launch (Test Menu) and then Input in the game.
The steering wheel in the center position should have a value of around (80).
If not, you have to set the potentiometer in the dashboard to this value.
If the value is correct in the test menu and the steering wheel is turned, loosen the screws on the steering wheel and center the steering wheel.

There should be a second potentiometer somewhere near the second motor that controls the position of the seat movement, it should also be set to the same value when the steering wheel and the seat are in the middle. I don't have this DEluxe cabin, so I can't give much advice..

n0n0

Wheel started turning wrong as soon as I get the ER-20 message.
Also, I notice my button "Service" and Gear 2 & 4 are not working.
And the motor fan.

Don't know if any relation ...

But even with that, the game is fully playable but without the FFB effects..

Billard anglais 7ft

sonic32

If you can't get to the test menu, you can't find out how the steering wheel potentiometer is set.
The (earth, GND) cable leading to the coin machine may be broken somewhere.
Big fan, led to the engine, probably just cools the engine.
When you measure this fan, it should have 110v.
If there is power and it does not work, this fan can also be bought directly in our store (110V).
But it also has no effect on the engine's function.
Test menu will help a lot.
All Sega games have my value in the center set to 80, at least as far as I know.

Grounding (GND) of the test menu should be on CN12 on the game board, from there the cable leads to the test menu and service menu buttons
CN2 game board is where almost everything starts, service, test, gear 1, 2, 3, 4, coin, etc..
Gear 2 and 4can be a bad microswitch or a broken cable from this CN2

Tibal

ça semble confirmer ce que disait njz3 par rapport au déverrouillage de cabine similaire au D2 DX :
"It's pretty much possible to incorparate all of these into the Scud Deluxe DRM cabinet, and have tilt motion on all games that can use M3 servo - providing you send 45V to the Clutch brake to unlock the cabinet release.. The Scud DRM concept is neat, the drive belt is linked to the wheel and cabinet, to provide direct force - so the wheel turning moves the cabinet.."

(Sur SR2 DX ça doit être différent puisque ça bascule d'avant en arrière)

Et peut-être que ce que tu vois sous tes pieds dans la cabine est le fameux embrayage ("clutch")

n0n0

Aujourd'hui j'ai essayé d'installer le projecteur Sony VLP 125 SX dans le meuble du Scud Race Deluxe.
Après plus de 3 heures à batailler, je n'ai pas réussi à obtenir une image droite sans utiliser la correction de trapèze.

Est-ce que c'est moi qui m'y suis mal pris ou bien cette correction est obligatoire vu ma configuration où l'image est d'abord projeté sur un miroir avant de s'afficher sur l'écran ?
Billard anglais 7ft

sonic32

Hi,

There was already a topic here: converted to a sony projector:

https://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=36496.0

I think there must be a mirror