Gamoover

[move]Vous vous épilez le maillot et collectionnez les bornes d'arcade avec des hommes musclés dessus ? Alors soyez les bienvenus sur Gamoover ! [/move]

Sega G-Loc SJ25-0109-01 Power Supply Issue

Démarré par berty, Mardi 13 Avril 2021, 12:23:09 PM

berty

Hi All.

Recently I repaired two Sega G-Loc motor power supply boards. The DC voltages on both boards were all tested and found to be working correctly as per the instructions here:
https://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=28660.0

After completing the repair, I plugged these boards back in to the machine, noting the Digital Motor Control Board was untested. The two motor power supplies were plugged into the digital motor control board BUT the digital motor control board was not plugged into the PCB.

Even though the digital motor control board, was not plugged into the PCB both of the motors moved on two separate occasions, causing the AC safety switch in the G-Loc machine to turn off.

After removing one of the power supply boards, I have found that the AC input into the L2 transformer drops from 340V AC down to about 260V AC when switched on. I suspect that one of the K1250's has blown, but I am seeking advice on trouble shooting before proceeding any further.

Here is a video of the issue.

perjmolsen

Hi

I had the same issue, it where R1 and R2 that where bad.
As I recall I where unable to read the resistor fault with my multimeter, R1 and R2 failed only under load.
When I replaced them I used 1.2ohm 10W resistors (orginal it where 5W)

Kind regards
Per

berty

Pefect! R2 had failed.

I could only purchase 1.5 Ohm 5W resistors but they seem to be okay. Thanks again Per!

Now I need to find a working digital motor control board...

perjmolsen

Hi

Oh GREAT to hear that it where the issue  :-)=

I hope that you find a motor control board  ^-

Kind regards
Per
Kind regards
Per