Gamoover

[move]Pour vous aussi la chipo ne sera jamais qu'un bootleg de merguez (c)sushy18 ? Alors soyez les bienvenus sur Gamoover ! [/move]

MultiFFB : Multi EPROM pour Driveboard SEGA

Démarré par Tibal, Samedi 03 Décembre 2022, 12:06:48 PM

Tibal

Les EPROM de Driveboard ci-dessous étant difficiles voire impossibles à trouver sur le net et dans les différents dumps des jeux, je les mets ici.
Un énorme MERCI à BigPanik pour me les avoir fournies, et à High_Cobra pour le support technique ;)

EPROM de Driveboard de Virtua Racing : EPR-15111
EPROM de Driveboard de Daytona USA (première version, pas la RevA) : EPR-16488
Je les mets aussi en fin de premier post

frivas

Hi @Tibal !
I have a couple of Daytona USA twin cabs, and I'm going to convert them to universal racecabs.
Njz3 told me that I need to put the Sega Rally 1 EEPROM on them, so I can use the BackForceFeeder.
Is there any advantage on using a MultiFFB instead of a single EEPROM on this case? (I'm going to use the cab with PC's only, I'll remove all the original SEGA boards)

thanks!

Tibal

Hi @frivas,
It all depends on what you plan to do.
- If you remove all the original boards including the FFB related boards, you wont need any EPROM as these EPROMs are to be inserted in the original driveboard. In that particular case, you will need a PWM2M2 and something to drive it (Arduino, FFB Controller or MEGA Adapter)
- If you plan to keep your original FFB boards, as they are working (from what I can read on BFF topic), you will need SR1 EPROM on your Driveboard indeed. If you don't come back to your original game stack from time to time, and if you don't want to use the M2PAC mode (i.e. the original FFB on the PC emulated game) you don't need the MultiFFB: burning a SR1 EPROM and replacing the D1 one with it is enough. The MultiFFB is just a fast and easy way to swap D1 and SR1 EPROMs on the original Driveboard.
You can also check the "M2 Mega Adapter" in my signature, it's a solution to do exactly what njz3 mentioned on BFF topic, but without worrying about the wiring (and with some extras)

frivas

Thanks @Tibal for the input.

I've checked the twins, and one of them is missing part of the connectors (some tech guy routed a lot of the cables directly to the boards inside the cage below the seat: the middleboard that looks like your M2 Mega Adapter is missing). The other one (the other twin cab) seems to be intact.

In any case, I think is best for future maintenance to replace all the boards, and put a PC inside so my childs can play whatever available game they want. Even the CRT's (sad, but sometimes they fail and it's difficult to fix them today) are going to be replaced with LCDs.
But I need to keep the wheel/pedals/shifter :)

So I'm going with option one: PWM2M2 and Arduino Mega (as already have a couple of them laying on my toolbox). I think I will have to route new cables (from the pots at the wheel/pedals, buttons, lights, etc) to the Arduino/PWM2M2 and call it a day. The original cables are not in good condition, so it would be wise to change them with the boards. It will be a lot of work, but nothing that can't be done in a weekend :)

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

sebouille

J'aimerais également vous acheter ce Multi EPROM pour Driveboard SEGA

Merci pour votre retour

Bien à vous

Bien Cordialement