Gamoover

[move]Le staff Gamoover vous souhaite la bienvenue ;)

[Beta] - BackForceFeeder : feeder vJoy FFB pour racecabs

Démarré par njz3, Mardi 17 Mars 2020, 19:02:44 PM

leestow

Citation de: njz3 le Dimanche 09 Janvier 2022, 21:44:28 PM
Enable it in "App&Hardware", third tick.
native_windows is ok

Wow!  I must be blind.  Thanks!  This fixed the problem.

I'm having another issue but only with a certain game.  When I play Rush 2049 in mame, I press the gas pedal and it takes about 10 seconds before I take off, like a big delayed reaction.  So far, this is the only game I'm having this happen with.

leestow

Okay.  Sorry for all the questions.  But, on Supermodel emulator, the only game that I can get FFB to work on, is Daytona USA 2.  None of the other racing games work.  The controls work, but no FFB.  Anyone else had this issue?

njz3

Do you use the ffb plugin from Boomslangz or supermodel's ffb ?
Supermodel's ffb does not work correctly.
To use the ffb plugin, you must not enable supermodel's one.

njz3

Citation de: leestow le Dimanche 23 Janvier 2022, 06:52:58 AM
I'm having another issue but only with a certain game.  When I play Rush 2049 in mame, I press the gas pedal and it takes about 10 seconds before I take off, like a big delayed reaction.  So far, this is the only game I'm having this happen with.
Check your pedal axis settings in MAME. Probably you have it as "Analog Increase" instead of "Analog" value.

leestow

Citation de: njz3 le Lundi 24 Janvier 2022, 15:41:45 PM
Check your pedal axis settings in MAME. Probably you have it as "Analog Increase" instead of "Analog" value.

Unfortunately, I have the correct axis set up and it's still not working correctly.  Very strange.  Right before the race starts, I press the pedal and the car revs up during the countdown.  But as soon as the race starts, the engine revs all the way down and then takes about 10 seconds before it starts revving back up again.  So strange.

leestow

Citation de: njz3 le Lundi 24 Janvier 2022, 07:25:48 AM
Do you use the ffb plugin from Boomslangz or supermodel's ffb ?
Supermodel's ffb does not work correctly.
To use the ffb plugin, you must not enable supermodel's one.

I think I have it figured out after reading some forums and after what you said.  I'll check it when I get home.  Thanks for the help!

leestow

Thanks for the help.  Got supermodel up and running, just gotta mess with some settings.  The ffb in a lot of games feels really jerky.  Is this normal.  Do I need to adjust settings in ffb plugin?  The backforcefeeder software?  Also, does anyone know if I can get ffb working with fast and furious games?  Sorry for all the questions.

njz3

If it feel jerky, you probably have to tune the FFB effects either in the BFF or in the FFB plugin.
I suggest you first test and tune every effect separatly in the BFF with a software like 'fedit' or with the FFB plugin in the test menu.
Once you have tune the FFB for each effect, then you can adjust in the FFB plugin if required.

leestow

Citation de: njz3 le Mardi 25 Janvier 2022, 16:50:46 PM
If it feel jerky, you probably have to tune the FFB effects either in the BFF or in the FFB plugin.
I suggest you first test and tune every effect separatly in the BFF with a software like 'fedit' or with the FFB plugin in the test menu.
Once you have tune the FFB for each effect, then you can adjust in the FFB plugin if required.

Okay.  I'll look into that.  A little overwhelmed with all the settings.  I guess fast and furious ffb is out of the question?

leestow

Citation de: njz3 le Mardi 25 Janvier 2022, 17:09:40 PM
Sorry, don't know about Fast&Furious.

Okay.  Thanks.  Any idea where I should start with the settings

nonosto

Citation de: nonosto le Vendredi 30 Juillet 2021, 07:35:20 AM
J'ai ce volant pour Lindbergh, la ref est SPG-2001X  STEERING WHEEL, et il semble très proche du model 3 SPG-2001 STEERING WHEEL;

2 questions svp:

- est il compatible avec le kit model3?
- dois je ajouter un ventilo?

Merci

Citation de: dvseb le Vendredi 30 Juillet 2021, 08:24:50 AM
Salut,

J'ai eu le même dans ma borne.

C'est un volant qui est de type model 3, on le trouve dans les bornes lindbergh (outrun 2, rtuned, sega race tv, etc...)

Il marche parfaitement avec les cartes FFB controller d'aganyte et le soft Backforcefeeder de NJZ3.

Il a une réactivité plus violente que les moteurs utiliser par sega sur les scud race, daytona 2, f355 ou sega rally 2...

Je reviens dessus stp. As tu une photo de la connectique car je ne trouve pas sur le net des images pour modèle:

gareth_iowc

Hi All,

I have the m2pac setup and i can see my button working etc but no forcefeed back when using force editor

Any suggestions on what i might of missed?

Thanks

njz3

The m2pac mode is meant to send raw drive values to the original board. In this mode, the forcefeedback is not generated by the BFF. It is working only as a gateway, retrieving values from model 2 or supermodel emulator, then sending them to the hardware. There is no translation of the commands.
You can have a look to BigPanik's topic about the m2pac, here in gamoover.

In particular, you must use the same game that match your hardware setup.
This mode is meant to get the "real feeling" of the original game, still running on the legacy hardware but using an emulator instead of the sega cpu stack.

gareth_iowc

Ah ok, thanks, Can I use this setup in other modes or am I limited to raw?

Sorry having trouble finding bigpaniks post

Thanks