Gamoover

Si vous êtes nouveau, n'hésitez pas à vous présenter ici et à poser toutes vos questions, meme si elles vous paraissent ridicules... Gamoover regroupe une communauté de passionnés prêts à vous aider ! Bienvenue à vous ;)

Sega G-loc deluxe motor power supply

Démarré par perjmolsen, Mardi 03 Janvier 2017, 13:45:38 PM

perjmolsen

Hi

Fist of all sorry that i write in english in a french forum, but it is the only forum that i have found where there is a person who might be able to help me with my Sega Gloc power supply.

I have read this tread http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=28660.0  abaut restoring a PSU for a sega gloc deluxe - and first of all I am impressed!!!

I hope that "GC339" is readin my post because i would like to ask for his help :) (if possible)

So now to my question - I have also a defective PSU and i have changed some components, but there is a resistor that i am unable to find on ebay.

Its abaut 2 cm long and has legs almost 1mm - The color codes are Red-Red-Gold-Gold
If i type the color codes into a resistor calculator i get 2.2 Ohms 5%

But all the resistors that i have found physically smaller in size.
I do not know the voltage of the resistor, i assume that it sets the size of the resistor?

I have attached a photo of the resistor that I need - then i hope that you can help me identify it.
Also attached a picture of the place where the resistor is located.

And last i with that i where just as smart as "GC339" or that i lived in france and not i denmark
Kind regards
Per

perjmolsen

Resistor:

Components that i have changed:
Transistor:
4xS20LC20u
4XK1250
4XS20LC40

Transistors on pcb (location)
q40
Q9
Q8
Q6
Q11

PC1

IC2

WAITING FOR
TR1
IC1
R24

PCB with changed components

PCB other side

Kind regards
Per

Fred G5

This resistor is probably a Flameproof Type, 2 or 3W power, 500V

I hope that it can help you ;)
Flipper: DE "Laser War"- WMS "F14-Tomcat"- GTB " Hollywood Heat" - Bally "Black Pyramid"
Borne: Konami "Lethal Enforcers" - New Game "N'Styl"- René Pierre 1982 - Jeutel Neo Geo 16/9 - Simulateur Twin Konami "Midnight Run Road Fighter 2"
Jeu/Système de jeu: 53 PCB Jamma, 7 cartouches MVS, slot Neo-Geo MV-1T, MV-2F, MV-4F, MV-6F
Console: Nintendo SNES 2CHIP, SNES 1CHIP-02 + 43 jeux

perjmolsen

Hi

Thanks - Ill order some of them :) that shoud be the last compnents that needs replacments
(with my basic skills to identify them)

Then i hope that i have found and replaced all the defective components, so when i turn on the power nothing blows up
Kind regards
Per

Vieille_Loutre

Hi,

don't give up, gc339 has done a fantastic work, thanks to him i was able to repair my pcb.

if i can give you a advice, don't forget to replace your olds 78L15 and 78L05. These little bastards are voltage regulators and i think they were the cause of massive damage on my board...  :-\

good luck !

gc339

Hi.

Why do you need to replace R24 ?

Is it cut or burned ?
Le repos, c'est fait pour les jeunes. Ils ont toute la vie devant eux. J. Gabin/M. Audiard

perjmolsen

Citation de: Vieille_Loutre le Mardi 03 Janvier 2017, 19:40:06 PM
Hi,

don't give up, gc339 has done a fantastic work, thanks to him i was able to repair my pcb.

if i can give you a advice, don't forget to replace your olds 78L15 and 78L05. These little bastards are voltage regulators and i think they were the cause of massive damage on my board...  :-\

good luck !

Hi

Thanks for the info - I will also order those then and change them just to be sure.
I refuse to give up, and not after that i found the guide from GC339 I hope that i am able to get the one power supply fixed.

Kind regards
Per
Kind regards
Per

perjmolsen

Citation de: gc339 le Mercredi 04 Janvier 2017, 00:00:53 AM
Hi.

Why do you need to replace R24 ?

Is it cut or burned ?

Hi GC339

First of all - Thanks for your guide :)
I hope that i have the skills to get the PSU fixed.
Ill do my best :)

The reson that i change the R24 is that i am unable to messure any resistance in the transistor i get OL at the multimeter in Ohms test, then i think is broken.

Kind Regards
Per
Kind regards
Per

gc339

According to the body color of this resistor, I think like Fred G5 that it must be a flame-proof resistor.
Although it's better, but it's not an absolute necessity to replace it with a resistor of the same type.
An ordinary resistor, power 2 or 3 watts, should be suitable. You can also try a wire-wound resistor, power 5 ou 7 watts.

If this resistor is cut, it must have acted as a fuse and transistor Q1 is probably short-circuited. Check it and pay attention to L2, some windings of its coils could also be short-circuited.

PS : Data about the windings of L2 are written on this draft : http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=28406.msg453306#msg453306
Le repos, c'est fait pour les jeunes. Ils ont toute la vie devant eux. J. Gabin/M. Audiard

perjmolsen

Citation de: gc339 le Mercredi 04 Janvier 2017, 18:15:05 PM
According to the body color of this resistor, I think like Fred G5 that it must be a flame-proof resistor.
Although it's better, but it's not an absolute necessity to replace it with a resistor of the same type.
An ordinary resistor, power 2 or 3 watts, should be suitable. You can also try a wire-wound resistor, power 5 ou 7 watts.

If this resistor is cut, it must have acted as a fuse and transistor Q1 is probably short-circuited. Check it and pay attention to L2, some windings of its coils could also be short-circuited.

PS : Data about the windings of L2 are written on this draft : http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=28406.msg453306#msg453306

Hi

Thanks so moutch for all your help :)

Hmm.. I am unable to find the Q1, can you point me in the right direction on the PCB?
Ill try to see if i can figure out how to test if the L2 is short-circuited
Kind regards
Per

gc339

Q1 is the transistor on the heatsink, just at right of the red circle.

To check L2, you must measure the resistance and the inductance of each winding (refer to the values I wrote on the draft) and then check insulation between coils which must be infinite.

This kind of tool (chinese sellers on eBay) will be helpfull to measure both inductance and resistance of any coil.

perjmolsen

Oh that one thanks :)

I already have that tool, i did not know that i coud use it to test coils also :)

Thanks again :)
Kind regards
Per

perjmolsen

Hi

Just a another question ;)

The resistors at location:

R81 and R63 seems to be a 22 ohms 5% (Red-Red-Black-Gold)in my defective PSU

My working PSU that i have  55 ohms 5%(Green-Green-Black- Gold)

So what type of resistor is correct? I have searched for a 55ohms resistors online but only able to find 56 ohms resistors at ebay.

A last question - when replacing resistors, does it matter if it a four or five band resistor? As log as the ohms is the same - then the tolerance is smaller at five band.
Kind regards
Per

perjmolsen

Hi

Some parts just arrived from china ... BUT not the ones that i have ordered.

I need to replace the TR1 - as in the guide i had ordered M8GZ47 from china.. BUT recived M8GZ46 (10 of them)

Would that be fine as TR1 replacement?
Kind regards
Per

gc339

Citation de: perjmolsen le Jeudi 05 Janvier 2017, 12:01:01 PMThe resistors at location:
R81 and R63 seems to be a 22 ohms 5% (Red-Red-Black-Gold)in my defective PSU
My working PSU that i have  55 ohms 5%(Green-Green-Black- Gold)
Are you sure R63 is the right reference ? Is not it rather R69 ?
The value of these resistors depends on the release of the motor driver board, this is 22 Ω for the reference 400-5117 (not suffixed) and 56 Ω for the 200-5117Y ("Y" suffixed).
Take a look at the first tab of this chart (OpenOffice Calc File) : http://www.gamoover.net/gc339/SEGA/Nomenclature.ods

Citation de: perjmolsen le Jeudi 05 Janvier 2017, 12:01:01 PMMy working PSU that i have  55 ohms 5%(Green-Green-Black- Gold)
So what type of resistor is correct? I have searched for a 55ohms resistors online but only able to find 56 ohms resistors at ebay.
A 5% tolerance implies that this resistor may not have a value other than one of the E24 series, so 56 is the right value.
The second green ring is probably due to a momentary lack of blue paint during manufacturing. Have you measured the value of these resistors?

Citation de: perjmolsen le Jeudi 05 Janvier 2017, 12:01:01 PMA last question - when replacing resistors, does it matter if it a four or five band resistor? As log as the ohms is the same - then the tolerance is smaller at five band.
You case use resistors with a better tolerance than 5%. Some values of the E48 or E96 series do not exactly fit those of the E24 series so it's necessary to choose the nearest value or at least one within the ± 5% range.

perjmolsen

Citation de: gc339 le Jeudi 05 Janvier 2017, 15:17:25 PM
Are you sure R63 is the right reference ? Is not it rather R69 ?
The value of these resistors depends on the release of the motor driver board, this is 22 Ω for the reference 400-5117 (not suffixed) and 56 Ω for the 200-5117Y ("Y" suffixed).
Take a look at the first tab of this chart (OpenOffice Calc File) : http://www.gamoover.net/gc339/SEGA/Nomenclature.ods
A 5% tolerance implies that this resistor may not have a value other than one of the E24 series, so 56 is the right value.
The second green ring is probably due to a momentary lack of blue paint during manufacturing. Have you measured the value of these resistors?
You case use resistors with a better tolerance than 5%. Some values of the E48 or E96 series do not exactly fit those of the E24 series so it's necessary to choose the nearest value or at least one within the ± 5% range.

Oh i did not know that there where differences between the boards and som of the components =?=
Ill check up on the components that i have changed matches the correct value on the boards.
A quick look in the chart and compareing with the components, it seems that the defective board is the SEGA 400-5117 - and my working board is SEGA 400-5117Y.

Again thanks for your help, and also the component chart  ^-

I just need to figure out if the M8GZ46 can be used in TR1

Kind regards
Per