Gamoover

[move]Bienvenue sur Gamoover, portail francophone de l'arcade.

[Beta] - BackForceFeeder : feeder vJoy FFB pour racecabs

Démarré par njz3, Mardi 17 Mars 2020, 19:02:44 PM

Aganyte

Citation de: frankrizzo2 le Vendredi 08 Décembre 2023, 08:03:50 AMSo today I did a lot of testing with different settings and scenarios. First thing I did was remove the LED strip and Audio amplifier from the shared power supply to rule out interference from those. It seemed like it was the cause of things as I was able to play for a bit longer than normal. I thought I was onto something but it eventually went into fault and pulled the wheel to the right once again. I did a full system reboot and opened the serial monitor and set 100% ffb to clockwise and set the amps to 1.5amps draw and was able to play for an hr without issue but with weak effects. I have now turned it up to 2 amps and it seems to work okay and without any issues. The issue is that most games still feel fairly weak on the force feedback so I still feel like I need to be in that 3 amp area for this motor to feel correct and arcade accurate. I still don't trust it without more testing. I think it is a thermal issue as most games are fine but the Batman game is very ffb intense and is a constant force with the machine gun feedback and the crash effects. I think I either need better cooking or a more robust h bridge chip.

The new versions of pwm2happ are based on BTS7960. I abandoned the L6203 because it becomes difficult to supply and it has reliability problems.

frankrizzo2

It makes sense and I'm willing to solder in a new part.What do I need to switch to the new h-bridge? Can I just swap that chip? Where are you sourcing it as my local supplier says it's obsolete? Is the firmware the same or do I need to update that as well?

Aganyte

many things are different (wiring, components, firmware).

frankrizzo2

Okay. It would be nice to have the more reliable bts7960 variant so I can leave the game unattended with guests. What do I need to do to get that version?

Aganyte

frankrizzo2

So I've been getting the FFB setup on quite a few Teknoparrot games and if I use the centering spring on Boomslangs FFB plugin the motor doesn't center and pulls hard to the right (clockwise). Is there a setting that I am missing in BackforceFeeder that corrects this?

njz3

You may have an inverted wheel or torque sign.
Please try to check the "inverse torque sign" in the app&hardware and tell us what happens.

frankrizzo2

So I think my issue is with the firmware/software of the Arduino code. I have Aganyte's Sega FFB pro board and the PWM2Happ board. I have my wiring soldered according to the labels on the Sega FFB board, however when I install the firmware (Arduino code) from the Backforcefeeder GitHub, All the inputs register differently from the board markings. I also have the digital output 11 showing up when turning left on the wheel. Everything works for the most part but all the button mapping is incorrect and the light outputs are incorrect. Do I have to uncomment a section on the Arduino code to make it register the correct inputs and outputs on the Sega FFB board? Is there a different firmware for this board?

Aganyte

I think you are mistaken somewhere. there is no default assignment on the back force feeder. a button is a button, if it is clearly seen by the bff, it is up to you to assign it correctly on the emulator. If you didn't want to go through this tedious step, you had to get a ready-made SSD from one of the people who offer them

frankrizzo2

So the labels on the board don't mean anything? I soldered the switches and outputs the way that they are labeled. I'm not expecting it to be plug and play. Why does the 11 input show up when turning left? I didn't program it to do that and there is no way to turn it off. I just want to know what firmware I need to install. I'm not dumb and I'm not trying to be difficult. All I'm asking is if I have the correct software/firmware for the Sega FFB board and the correct settings. I have a lot of time and money tied up on this project and I'm just asking for some understanding and help.

frankrizzo2

And to be clear. The buttons show up incorrectly on Backforce Feeder software. I know that I will have to adjust the settings in each emulator. When I press the shifter to the down position it shows up as view 3 in Backforce feeder.

njz3

If you use Aganyte FFB controller board, you need to tick the "Use alternative pinout" in the App&Hardware page, then commit&restart.
This will change the default mapping in the arduino's code (this can be seen in platformspecific.h/.cpp files).
Regarding the emulator configuration you can ask me or other persons to get a ready to use disk image, still as Aganyte mentioned, you will still need to remap the inputs in the BFF but that's very easy to do in the latest version of the BFF.
Worth pointing out that the latest BFF needs a registration with paypal donation to get a licence, else you will have random freeze while playing.

Aganyte

I'm understanding, but you made the choice not to take the SSD (whether it's Marcus's, or DV seb's), so it's up to you to make the settings accordingly.

The program for the pwm2happ/pwm2m2 is that of njz3, it is the same for everyone.

the fact that button 11 is activated when you turn the wheel is normal, it is a request that was made by Seb Arcade for the management of the hyperspin menu.

Once again, if all the buttons are recognized in the BFF, then everything is working correctly, it is up to you to make the adjustments accordingly.

frankrizzo2

I have donated and have the correct licence for the software. Just to make sure I understand ,the pinout and labels on the Sega FFB board are not labeled to match the Backforce Feeder default mappings? Is there a 'global' button mapping feature in the Backforce Feeder Software that I can change so I don't have to redo all my game mappings in Backforce feeder?

[/url]

njz3

Yes, just do your input button mappings on one controlset (the default one for example), then go to the "Explorer" in the control set page, select your default control set, then select the "input mappings" parameters to copy, select all other control sets as destination and click the "Copy" button to copy the mapping.

frankrizzo2

Awesome! Thank you for the answer. That will make things much easier