Gamoover

[move]Pour vous aussi la chipo ne sera jamais qu'un bootleg de merguez (c)sushy18 ? Alors soyez les bienvenus sur Gamoover ! [/move]

My name is Sara and I live near a working Galaxy Force II Super Deluxe and other

Démarré par SaraAB87, Jeudi 14 Juillet 2016, 21:08:31 PM

SaraAB87

I don't speak French.

Even though I do not speak French, I enjoy looking at the pictures of restorations on here. Especially Galaxy Force restorations.

I will keep it simple.

I live near a working Galaxy Force Super Deluxe. I love the machine. The game is located in the basement of the Skylon Tower in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada. It is one of only 2 known working Galaxy Force games in North America. It is being taken care of.

I wrote this about the arcade.

http://arcadeheroes.com/2016/05/04/arcade-review-history-skyquest-arcade-basement-skylon-tower-niagara-falls-ontario-canada/

I love simulators.   8)

I like to take pictures of arcade games.

We also have G-LOC, Hang-On, Jambo Safari, Sega GT (Scud Race), Taito WGP, Super Monaco GP SDX, Space Harrier (not working), Thunder Blade, Sega 18 Wheeler, After Burner etc. Some of them are not working.

We used to have the R360, I Love the R360 more than anything else. We don't have it anymore.

These are not my games, they are being operated in arcades.

Here are some pictures.

Darth Nuno

SaraAB87

Hi bruno, yes this is the french side. There are a lot of good restorations on here and a few epic threads about Galaxy Force!

onfre

spotting

Dear. :-*
what is your goal with simulators ? to play or the techno used ?
you said that there is no longer R360 : what happened ?

SaraAB87

My goal is to play the simulators.

The R360 was sold to another arcade a long time ago, but yes we did have it here. I have a great memory of playing it! After that, I do not know, I am trying to find out where it went. It is a very long search. I think I will find out that it ended up as scrap.

I cannot collect simulators as I do not have space here for them.

I like outrun too.

faachar

Hi Sara  <:)

Thank you to share with us all these pictures of these beautiful arcade machine  ^-^
I particullary love the Space Harrier Dx and the Galaxy Force :-*

You said that some are broken.

I hope that there is someone who's going to repaire them because it will be a shame if they decided to throw them away as garbage  :'(

If they throw them, call us and we will rent a plane to save them  :D

Here is a picture of the R360 Skylon tower in the 90's :

SaraAB87

That is my picture of the R360! Its nice that it made it all the way to France.

Do not worry about the games, I am protecting them the best I can.

fiend41

hello to canada..

it's fun & cool to see passion somewhere else.  so you grew up near the niagara falls and could see what occured in this arcade during decades ?  . and perhaps decided to work in the arcade ?  :D

some of us too had this kind of lucky neighbourhood in france, certainly addicts in Paris & some other places for big stuff. (kind of.. because it could be an expensive hobby to play arcades all year long..).  in Cote d'Azur (the French Riviera), a big gaming place, "la Pinede juan les pins"  had some Sega and the DLX version of  Galaxy Force II   .  as studying ~10mn walking near.. i came there many years too.. but they moved the good things to more modern ones..
"C'était un fou un peu mystique Mais avec une certaine crédibilité..."

SaraAB87

I do not work in the Skylon tower arcade. I don't work in an arcade, I have never worked in an arcade.

I live in NY state. I did not see a lot of Canadian arcades when I was growing up but once when I was a teenager I went to the Skylon Tower to play the R360 and I was amazed at what they had. They had advertisements in brochures for the R360 so I went there because I saw the advertisement. If you were a kid who grew up playing Sega Genesis/Megadrive I could only imagine the experience for someone like that where you played the games at home then saw these huge cabinets that moved around and did stuff, it would be as if the machines came to life. Some people must have had very amazing experiences there when they were younger. The Skylon tower had almost every large Sega cabinet that was ever made at one point.

I also lived near a Galaxian 3 Theater 6 but I did not know it while it was here, I only found out recently there was one in my area. I do not know what happened to it, it is not in the place it was before, but I am trying to find out where it is. This is a very very long process.

I also had an experience when I was younger I came across an After Burner cockpit, when I played it I did not expect the game to be one that moved around, so that was quite shocking, it was as if the game came to life. I have grown to love afterburner a lot because of this. There are other people from my area that remember the same After Burner I played too.

I love these Sega machines, I think these machines have their own unique qualities, I think these machines have personality.

It is very hard to find these machines where I live now, most arcades don't have them. There is only a couple After Burners operating in the public in the USA these days that I know of. We also had a Thunder Blade and a G-LOC in other arcades where I live, and probably a few others. I have seen 2-3deluxe Outruns over the years as well.

chat noir

>:( sinon en traduction pour les blaireaux comme moi , ça raconte quoi cette histoire  :-(( la je me sent un peu exclue  :mrgreen:
Si on ne rêve pas, on ne peut pas être déçu ! (Will Butler)

ducatman1098

Citation de: chat noir le Samedi 16 Juillet 2016, 22:13:17 PM
>:( sinon en traduction pour les blaireaux comme moi , ça raconte quoi cette histoire  :-(( la je me sent un peu exclue  :mrgreen:
Toi t as pas pris en 1 ère langue au collège  ;D

Oggy

un petit coup de Google Translate pour notre chat noir

CitationJe ne travaille pas dans la tour Skylon arcade. Je ne travaille pas dans une arcade, je ne l'ai jamais travaillé dans une arcade.

Je vis dans l'état de NY. Je ne vois pas beaucoup d'arcades canadiennes quand je grandissais, mais une fois que je suis un adolescent je suis allé à la tour Skylon pour jouer le R360 et je suis étonné de ce qu'ils avaient. Ils avaient des annonces dans les brochures pour le R360 alors je suis allé là-bas parce que je voyais la publicité. Si vous étiez un enfant qui a grandi en jouant Sega Genesis / Megadrive Je ne pouvais imaginer l'expérience pour quelqu'un comme ça où vous avez joué les matchs à domicile alors vu ces énormes armoires qui se sont déplacés autour et ont fait des choses, ce serait comme si les machines sont venus vivre. Certaines personnes doivent avoir eu des expériences très étonnantes là quand ils étaient plus jeunes. La tour Skylon avait presque chaque armoire grande Sega qui n'a jamais été fait à un moment donné.

J'ai vécu aussi près d'un Galaxian3 Theater 6 mais je ne le savais pas alors qu'il était ici, je ne ai découvert récemment, il y en avait un dans ma région. Je ne sais pas ce qui lui est arrivé, il est pas dans l'endroit où il était avant, mais je suis en train de savoir où il est. Ceci est un très très long processus.

J'ai eu aussi une expérience quand j'étais plus jeune, je suis tombé sur un After Burner cockpit, quand je jouais, je ne pensais pas que le jeu soit celui qui se déplaçait, ce qui était tout à fait choquant, ce fut comme si le jeu est venu à la vie. Je l'ai appris à aimer postcombustion beaucoup à cause de cela. Il y a d'autres personnes de ma région qui se souviennent de la même After Burner je jouais trop.

J'adore ces machines Sega, je pense que ces machines ont leurs propres qualités uniques, je pense que ces machines ont de la personnalité.

Il est très difficile de trouver ces machines où je vis maintenant, la plupart des arcades ne les ont pas. Il y a seulement un couple Après Burners opérant dans le public aux Etats-Unis ces jours-ci que je connais. Nous avons également eu une lame de Thunder et un G-LOC dans d'autres arcades où je vis, et probablement quelques autres. J'ai vu vainc 2-3deluxe au fil des ans ainsi.

chat noir

huhu merci oggy c'est tellement plus clair maintenant que c'est traduit  :?
et ducat fait poa ton malin chez moi dans le Tarn et Garonne on parle occitan en 1ere langue ui mOssieur ...!!crévindiou Vau mai peta en companhiá que creva solet
Si on ne rêve pas, on ne peut pas être déçu ! (Will Butler)

ducatman1098

Citation de: chat noir le Samedi 16 Juillet 2016, 23:25:12 PM

et ducat fait poa ton malin chez moi dans le Tarn et Garonne on parle occitan en 1ere langue ui mOssieur ...!!crévindiou Vau mai peta en companhiá que creva solet

=:))  ^-

Excellent comme réponse même si c est un peu hors sujet

Au moins il n y a que nous qui comprenons  :D

Je le comprends mais je ne le parle pas

spotting

Citation de: chat noir le Samedi 16 Juillet 2016, 22:13:17 PM

C'est assez genant..
Elle a vu une photo de moi en train de jouer à dance machine, et elle a eu un terrible coup de foudre...
Alors on essaye de lui expliquer que oui, je suis un bo gosse, mais qu'il faut passer à autre chose...
Mais voala, elle ne veut pas lacher l'affaire....

=:))