Gamoover

[move]Vous aimez la série Ricky la belle vie, Julio Iglésias ou l'émission Kohlanta ? Alors soyez les bienvenus sur Gamoover ! [/move]

[Beta] - BackForceFeeder : feeder vJoy FFB pour racecabs

Démarré par njz3, Mardi 17 Mars 2020, 19:02:44 PM

njz3

Pas de soucis, tu es le bienvenue dans l'aventure !

mentalmike

Hi all, sorry for typing in English. I have a couple of questions.

I have ordered Pwm2m2 cards from Aganyte (just waiting for them to arrive) and already have everything else I think I need

• 9v to 24v regulator boards
  • 110v transformers
  • Leonardo boards
  • Model 2 wheel and pedals
  • PC i5 4590

Have I made a mistake in ordering Leonardo boards instead of a mega if I wanted to make the button lights and leader lights work? If so, is there any way to make them work with this setup or do I need to order some mega boards?

Next question is, does anyone have any photos of their Pwm2m2 setup as described in this post?

What is a good starting voltage for the regulator?

What gauge wiring is recommended?

Is the distance of the Pwm2m2 to the wheel still important and should be kept close like with the L2M2?

Using the Pwm2m2, can I use this method for linking up the shifter but rather than use an IPAC like in diagram use 4 of the 10 buttons I have available? Or is there a better way?

Sorry for so many questions and if they have already been answered. I am hoping to get my Pwm2m2 soon and want to have everything ready to set it up  8)

njz3

Hi Mike,
First of all, my software is still work-in-progres in beta stage. So you will encounter bugs or missing stuff. Please be kind to not urge me for corrections or features. This is a hobby stuff.

I would not answer to all your questions as most of them are related to pwm2m2 and its wiring, which I am not familiar with. Aganyte may help for that.
What I know is that you will need to connect the pin D1 of the Leonardo (Tx of first uart) to the Rx input of your pwm2m2 and flash your pwm2m2 with the code that Aganyte provided in page 2. His code enables "digital pwm" receiving in the pwm2m2 instead of analog pwm reading.
For the Mega2560, it will be pin D14 (Tx3) that will need to be connected to the Rx input of your pwm2m2.

The Leonardo will still be useful for testing your setup first, as it was proven to work with one of the member here (Marcus600).
You will miss the lamps outputs as I only support the Mega2560 for that feature since the Leonardo does not have enough pins for all inputs+outputs.
So, if you want the lamps, you shall order a mega2560+a relay board. A ULN2003 will be ok.
FYI, I did not yet tested a pwm2m2 in combination with the Mega2560 (I wait for a beta tester !).

For your shiter, it is ok to use your IPAC if you want.
Yet, I would recommand for testing and helping us to wire the outputs of your decoder to the button inputs of the Leonardo (or the mega once you get it) instead of the IPAC. Doing this means all your inputs will go through my software and being reported by vJoy instead of being seen as a second joystick in your IPAC.

Edit: your computer will be fine to run emulators + my software.

mentalmike

Hi, I understand - no rush! Sorry if my questions came across in the wrong way. I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly. What you guys do is amazing so thank you for your work! It's only on my forth translated read through that I realised about the Leonardo not being able to do the lights... so there might be a few more questions along the way!

I'll order a mega now - they look cheap so don't mind testing one out and reporting back how it goes  :)

Edit...
Also ordered a ULN2003A board

SDF

Citation de: mentalmike le Lundi 27 Avril 2020, 23:31:34 PM
Hi, I understand - no rush! Sorry if my questions came across in the wrong way. I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly. What you guys do is amazing so thank you for your work! It's only on my forth translated read through that I realised about the Leonardo not being able to do the lights... so there might be a few more questions along the way!

I'll order a mega now - they look cheap so don't mind testing one out and reporting back how it goes  :)

Edit...
ULN2003A, is there a specific board or is it as simple as the diagram - connect the specified outputs to the corresponding pins on a ULN2003A
Hi, i'made a small wip for the wiring of the pwm2m2 on another forum, you can see my method at this adress: https://forum.hfsplay.fr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16332&p=250962#p250962

zebassprophet

Hey njz3.

CA veux dire que ton système permet de câbler le levier de vitesse comme a l'origine ?
(Moi j'ai rajouté un micro Switch et une interface joy

njz3

J'ai conseillé à mike de brancher son décodeur à porte logique (qui sort 4 signaux, un par vitesse) sur les entrées du Leonardo. Ainsi il a un bouton pressé par vitesse.

Sinon, oui je compte inclure le décodage d'un shifter en H depuis les 3 entrées switch pour avoir un truc plus simple au niveau cablage, donc y'aura plus besoin de porte logique. C'est pas encore opérationnel, bien que déjà présent dans le dernier code (voir en jaune dans le screenshot).

L'idée est de mapper les 3 switch vers 4 sorties bouton vJoy.

Je vais aussi ajouter une "émulation" d'un shifter 4 vitesses en offrant la possibilité de passer dans une séquence avec seulement 2 boutons physiques Up/Dn (voir coche en rouge ci-dessus). Par exemple un shifter Up/Dn pourra basculer d'un point neutre vers 4 valeurs de boutons en incrémentant ou décrémentant la vitesse. Ce sera utile pour utiliser les palettes d'un volant dans les jeux comme Daytona. Reste à voir comment je gère le 'saut' de vitesse. Pour l'instant je prévois que quand tu cliques ca passe en point neutre puis après une tempo cela va valider la nouvelle vitesse (genre 500ms). Ainsi, si on 'clicque' rapidement trois fois de suite, la vitesse sautera de 4 à neutre pendant 500ms, puis à 1.

SDF

Et moi qui me suit fait chier a rajouter un microswitch :'(
Du coup, c'est une super nouvelle ca  ^-

zebassprophet

Tu met des paillettes dans ma.vie.

Et puis jai une dayto raw du coup je peux tester plein de truc dessus

Aganyte

Citation de: mentalmike le Lundi 27 Avril 2020, 19:25:10 PM
Next question is, does anyone have any photos of their Pwm2m2 setup as described in this post?

i'm currently works with Bandicoot on a solution with a Pwm2m2 with and a Sega FFB. We'll can post photo when we're finished

mentalmike

Citation de: aganyte le Mardi 28 Avril 2020, 11:05:30 AM
i'm currently works with Bandicoot on a solution with a Pwm2m2 with and a Sega FFB. We'll can post photo when we're finished
I think I understand everything now so no rush for photos now, but would be useful for someone new to all this  :)

Njz3... that's interesting that the shifter has been thought about for the future. Did I understand correctly that you plan to be able to support 4 way shifter and paddles?

njz3

Hi Mike,
Yes this is planned and partially implemented as of today.
As a start, I will support a H shifter pattern decoder, giving 4 "buttons" like in your 74LS logic gate decoder.
Then, I plan to emulate the H shifter using 2 paddles or a Up/Dn shifter. Hence if you got only a Up/Dn shifter or 2 buttons, or 2 paddles, you will still be able to play games that were meant to be played with manual shift on a H shifter hardware (like Daytona, Sega Rally, Scud Race ...).

mentalmike

Citation de: njz3 le Mardi 28 Avril 2020, 11:33:55 AM
Hi Mike,
Yes this is planned and partially implemented as of today.
As a start, I will support a H shifter pattern decoder, giving 4 "buttons" like in your 74LS logic gate decoder.
Then, I plan to emulate the H shifter using 2 paddles or a Up/Dn shifter. Hence if you got only a Up/Dn shifter or 2 buttons, or 2 paddles, you will still be able to play games that were meant to be played with manual shift on a H shifter hardware (like Daytona, Sega Rally, Scud Race ...).

^- Sounds good!

Would it be possible to run a H shifter and paddles? My thinking is use the H shifter for games that were made for it and then paddles for hi/low games or PC games that have more then 4 gears

mentalmike

Citation de: njz3 le Mardi 28 Avril 2020, 13:31:59 PM
Yes Mike, that's the idea.

Looking forward to it  ^-^

So only question I have left... what gauge / size wire is recommend? I'm just planning on how I'm going to lay everything out and want to order some wire and connectors to make everything neat :)