Gamoover

[move]Le staff Gamoover vous souhaite la bienvenue ;)

[Beta] - BackForceFeeder : feeder vJoy FFB pour racecabs

Démarré par njz3, Mardi 17 Mars 2020, 19:02:44 PM

Aganyte

If you don't touch the panel, the wheel doesn't move ?

mentalmike

No, just buzzes loudly. It wasn't doing that before I tried to flash the mini / leonardo and doesn't do that with an L2M2 attached

Aganyte

OK, and with the PC, did you see CW and CCW leds ON ?

mentalmike

Citation de: aganyte le Mardi 05 Mai 2020, 19:32:32 PM
OK, and with the PC, did you see CW and CCW leds ON ?

When connected to PC exactly same behaviour, no CW/CWW lights. When I load a game I can see in the vjoy log it's sending commands. No lights flashing on the pro mini which I think they were before?

Aganyte

Ok, if you don't have the CW and CCW leds, there's a problem. I'll try to prepare you a new code to test.

mentalmike

Citation de: aganyte le Mardi 05 Mai 2020, 19:42:34 PM
Ok, if you don't have the CW and CCW leds, there's a problem. I'll try to prepare you a new code to test.

Ok, should I try the other board but do not try and flash it?

Aganyte

mentalmike

Tried your files, no change.

I have just flashed the Leonardo and pro mini back to the previous versions and now I get some activity on the CW/CWW lights but the feedback is very poor and the buzzing/humming noise is still there - I assume could be cause of lack of power?

In comparison this is my L2M2 board in same setup - no loud buzzing/humming noise, it's silent when no feedback:

Aganyte

did you try the other pwm2m2 for comparison ?

mentalmike

No, that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll start with a fresh Leonardo and Pwm2m2. Thanks for your help

mentalmike

So a new day to start fresh. I'm currently in the house re downloading all the files and preparing everything to start as new. In doing this I think I know why I couldn't get the Leonardo and the Pro mini to talk to each other. Yesterday I only changed the baud rate in the Pwm2m2_ProMini.ino but I just noticed it is also set in the FeederIOBoard.ino which I overwrote with aganyte's version from page 2 which is set as 115200.

So yesterday Config.h and Pwm2m2_ProMini.ino were set to 38400 but FeederIOBoard.ino was still at 115200. This explains why I had problems with communication between the leonardo and the pro mini and why the lights started flashing again when I flashed back to the previous version as all the baud rates were set back to the same again - but I don't think it will solve the loud humming/buzzing noise?

I'll be going in the garage to try again soon. I have a new PWM2M2 and a Leonardo I haven't touched yet so hopefully I can get them working correctly, then investigate what's going on with yesterdays boards.

njz3

If Aganyte is ok, and to make things easier, I will add links to the updated code of pwm2m2@38400 in my second post, so you will not mess with the different files.

Edit: I have added links at the end of my second post.
Les codes Arduino pour le pro-mini ou le pro-micro sont disponibles en 2 versions (2 baudrate différents).
Avant la version 0.4 de mon soft (vJoyIOFeederSetup_v0.3.2 et moins), prendre le baudrate à 115200.
A partir de la version 0.4 de mon soft (vJoyIOFeederSetup_v0.4.0 et plus), prendre le baudrate 38400.
Le code Arduino FeederIOBoard de la carte passerelle est fournit dans les archives vJoyIOFeederSetupXXX.zip. Chaque version de mon soft à son propre code FeederIOBoard compatible, donc ne mixez pas les codes de versions du soft PC et de la carte passerelle.

mentalmike

I'll split this into 2 parts, today and yesterday!

Today
Ok so new pwm2m2 left at 115200 and leonardo with beta 4 set at 115200 looks to be working ok apart two things:

• Had to set my deadzone a bit higher than recommended - I get quite a bit of value change even when wheel isn't moved, I suspect this is because I haven't used proper connectors yet?
  • I seem to only be getting CW while in game. Before I set the deadzone in the car and track selections I would get CW/CWW flashing and movement, so CWW can be sent. Do I need to correct some settings to resolve this?
  • Edit... Maybe related to above? If I have just the leonardo plugged into PC and everything else switched off I get a green led on and the CW led is faintly lit

Yesterday
Before I disconnected yesterdays pwm2m2 I tested turning it with CW connected and CWW disconnected - motor ran instantly. Then I tried CWW connected, CW disconnected, turned on and motor ran instantly the other direction. So the humming/buzzing noise makes me thing that they are both outputting at the same time as soon as I'm turning on the board. What could cause this?

Citation de: njz3 le Mercredi 06 Mai 2020, 11:04:20 AM
If Aganyte is ok, and to make things easier, I will add links to the updated code of pwm2m2@38400 in my first post, so you will not mess with the different files.

Yes I'd check as there is some extra lines in the Pwm2m2_ProMini.ino code that Aganyte posted yesterday that I don't know if was just for me to test or can be run permanently - I think ok to leave, if I'm reading it correctly AC motor is turned off, clutch set to 50% to test LED for 1 second then clutch turned off again?

digitalWrite(SENSA,false); // Moteur AC à l'arrêt
  digitalWrite(SENSB,false); // Moteur AC à l'arrêt
  analogWrite(PWM_OUT,127); // Embrayage à 50% (pour tester la led)
  delay(1000);
  digitalWrite(PWM_OUT,0); // Embrayage à 0%

I think it would be helpful to have a section on first post for the current files that should be used.

mentalmike

Citation de: njz3 le Mercredi 06 Mai 2020, 11:04:20 AM
Le code Arduino FeederIOBoard de la carte passerelle est fournit dans les archives vJoyIOFeederSetupXXX.zip. Chaque version de mon soft à son propre code FeederIOBoard compatible, donc ne mixez pas les codes de versions du soft PC et de la carte passerelle.

Question after reading the above... should I still be using the FeederIOBoard.ino from Aganyte's post on page 2?

njz3

No, please use the one from the vJoyFeeder archive.
The one provided by aganyte was from an old version.