Gamoover

[move]Vous vous épilez le maillot et collectionnez les bornes d'arcade avec des hommes musclés dessus ? Alors soyez les bienvenus sur Gamoover ! [/move]

Le SLG3000 Scanlines Generator et son équivalent homemade.

Démarré par Aganyte, Dimanche 20 Mars 2011, 21:40:04 PM

foxxx

Citation de: aganyte le Lundi 21 Mars 2011, 18:10:44 PM
Oui enfin, il reste l'autre problème majeur du lcd pour l'intégration propre dans nos cab  :fleche: Le 16/9  >:D
moi j avait la borne qui convenait  :D
http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=21289.0

speedsterharry

Citation de: zeroh le Mercredi 23 Mars 2011, 00:49:50 AM
Why pay 49Euro for a "SLG3000" when the effect can be replicated with a couple of ICs costing just a few cents  :-X

Schematic:

Where did you find that schematic ? I'd like to know more about how it works. Thanks

wikee

New Astro City & Jeutel

KwarK

Pas la source des composants à utiliser, ni du schéma de montage par contre.

Iro

"Jet set 2, c'est avec Robert Garcia ?" Kaneda, Lapsus de sac Vol.1
Peter Shou Owner' Club

WIPs : Naomi - SEGA Rally - AB Cop - Lethal Enforcers - COMPUMI - Terminator 2 - Space Invaders - Artworks pour Boitiers K7 Naomi CF - Ma collec' de panels

LES TUTOS DE GAMO   

zeroh

Please excuse me for replying in English...

It seems that linking via Google translate doesn't always work, here's the page untranslated:
Painkilla's blog
In case neither this work, then go to the bottom of that page and click on page 14 of the blog.

Citation de: speedsterharry le Mercredi 23 Mars 2011, 11:07:08 AM
Where did you find that schematic ? I'd like to know more about how it works. Thanks

Ok, so in that blog it refers to a MSX forum (Paran... something) which unfortunately can't be browsed without a registration, anyway with the thread name (in korean characters) and a few key names I was able to get the schematic.

How does it work?

The first chip (74LS74) is connected to the H sync of the VGA connector and its output changes state every time there's a new H pulse.
The switch (TL32PO) selects if we want to erase the even or the odd lines
The 2nd chip (74LS125N) connects the R,G and B lines to GND (so it produces a black line) when there's an active pulse coming from the first IC.

If someone wants variable dimming (instead of just ON/OFF) has only to add 3x potentiometers between GND and the input pins of the '125.

Citation de: KwarK le Mercredi 23 Mars 2011, 15:47:15 PM
Pas la source des composants à utiliser, ni du schéma de montage par contre.

Components to use are 2 ICs named above and a switch for a basic ON/OFF effect, a complete schematic isn't really needed as it wouldn't be much more than the above.
I can show you a couple photos of a built circuit:

But don't be intimidated by all the wires, it looks more complicated that it really is. Most of the wires visible are needed to bring the signal from one VGA connector to the other.

Sharksym is the person who designed the circuit above, and this is the page of his blog from where the 2 pictures above were taken (sorry but also in Korean):
Sharksym's Blog

maldoror68

easy! thanks for the shematics and the pictures  :-* ^-^

Aganyte

Oui, là c'est déjà plus clair, sans les potentiomètres, les lignes R,G et B sont court-circuité à la masse.

Avec les potars ça devient sympa  ^-

Iro

Peter Shou Owner' Club

WIPs : Naomi - SEGA Rally - AB Cop - Lethal Enforcers - COMPUMI - Terminator 2 - Space Invaders - Artworks pour Boitiers K7 Naomi CF - Ma collec' de panels

LES TUTOS DE GAMO   

Aganyte

Désolé, en ce moment j'ai un peu trop de chose en cours  :-\

speedsterharry

Thanks zeroh for all the explanations, it's much clearer now ! I was unsure about the use of the switch.
Are the potentiometers worth it for dimming ? Do you have pictures for reference ?

Many many thanks for your post, very interesting, and I think that for the price, I'll definitely try it !

zeroh

Citation de: speedsterharry le Jeudi 24 Mars 2011, 11:09:12 AM
Are the potentiometers worth it for dimming ? Do you have pictures for reference ?

I don't have pictures, and I guess it's up to personal preferences, so I can't say if it's worth.

IMPORTANT! I thought a bit more about the dimming and I don't think it can be achieved by adding the potentiometers as I wrote previously. The '125 can only work as an ON/OFF switch.
If variable dimming IS required then a triple Cmos switch (4053) (instead of the '125) will work, but using an OP-AMP based switch would give better results. 

AsPiC

Citation de: Iro le Mercredi 23 Mars 2011, 19:35:48 PM
qui se lance ?? :D

J'ai l'impression que les 2 condo en plus sur la carte en photo, sont des capa de découplage. Votre avis ?

<:)

Iro

Citation de: AsPiC le Jeudi 28 Juillet 2011, 06:23:43 AM
J'ai l'impression que les 2 condo en plus sur la carte en photo, sont des capa de découplage. Votre avis ?
Je vais faire genre le mec qui s'y connais : Ils devraient pas être dans l'autre sens , au plus prés de VCC ?
Peter Shou Owner' Club

LES TUTOS DE GAMO   

AsPiC

maldoror68

ben y'a plus qu'a tester. si ça fume, c'est que le plan est faux... :D